
Steve and I took the kids to Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek today. We had a great time, it was a little hot, but could have been much worse! I took a lot of pictures, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. The photo above is everyone waiting for the tram to go back to the United States after we visited "Wild Africa".

This peacock was really strutting his stuff. He was right in the middle of a crowd of people, but he didn't seem to mind. Abby and Noah got close enough for this photo, and they couldn't take their eyes off him, of course. There were a whole bunch of peacocks running free around the zoo. When we first got inside, we spotted one perched on top of a picnic shelter by the food court. He jumped down onto the sidewalk right in front of us, and we all jumped out of our skin!

The kids had a ride on the new carousel. There are some really neat animals on this carousel: ostriches, flamingoes, even a praying mantis. I know this photo is really blurry, but I love the effect. It looks so cool! Steve picked the U of M horse for Jake to ride on. Jacob says he really liked going "up and down, and down and up, and up and down".

We fed the giraffes in Wild Africa. This was my favorite part, because you can get up close and personal with the giraffes. We bought special crackers to feed them, and they reach right out and grab them with their tongue. It is hilarious! Steve says the giraffe is the "Gene Simmons" of the animal kingdom. LOL

All the kids had to pile in this jeep to have their picture taken. Aren't they cute?
Well, that's all for now. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment