Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School

The kids headed back to school on Tuesday morning. Noah and Jacob were excited and ready to go back, but Abby and Nate didn't feel quite the same way. They all got up and ready quickly on Tuesday, though. I have to laugh because each morning the exciment wears off just a little more, and I hear more grumbling and complaining about getting up and ready for school.

Here is Noah on the first day, looking quite handsome, don't you think? He started 4th grade, and he really likes his teacher, Mr. Hegg. Noah said, "Mom, he tells, like, 20 jokes a day!"


Nate is in 8th grade now! He was happy to report that he gets his own locker this year, but there is a new block schedule this year that is a little confusing. This is Nate's last year at EC... next year he will be heading to high school!



Jacob started Kindergarten with Mrs. Stolz. He loves his teacher and he loves being at EC with his brothers and sister. He also likes that his best friend Ian is in his class. Ian is the boy I have had in daycare for 2 1/2 years, so they are almost like brothers. I was a little worried about how they would behave being in the same class, but so far, so good!

Jacob goes to morning kindergarten, which starts at 8:00am. This is a big adjustment for him, but he is handling it quite well. On the second or third day of school, when I was waking him up, he yawned, pointed out the window and said, "It can't be time for school... Look!" (It was still pitch black outside.) The poor kid thinks I'm waking him up in the middle of the night to go to school! LOL


Abby is in 4th grade with Mrs. Horner. Her best friend Maddie is in her class, and she really likes her teacher, so I think she is happier about school now. Her biggest complaint is the "huge" math book she has to carry back and forth to school now.


All four of them, ready to go!
The school mascot was there the first day. Abby and Jacob ran to get a picture taken with him, but Nate and Noah wanted nothing to do with that!

Jacob is learning the new routines at school. First, he hangs his backpack on his hook, and then puts his nametag on.


Then he goes to his seat to work on a coloring sheet until the teacher is ready to start class.


So now all four of my kiddos are in school each day, and I have 3 hours in the morning to get things done. I am enjoying my quiet time, even though it does seem to fly by! In the afternoons, Jacob gets to play with Ian at our house, and on Thursday and Friday it's just the two of us. So, I will treasure that special time with him before he goes off to full days of school next year.
Well, it's time to go pick up Jacob from school now, so I better be going! Have a great weekend!

No comments: