Then on Friday night, when I got home from work, I found this note on our front step...

Abby had gone for a walk with her friend Madison and her parents that evening. She excitely confirmed to me, "Yeah, we found out they are going to film a movie at that house down the road!"
*
The next day, Saturday, Steve and Nate went to Cedar Point with the youth group. So I took the rest of the kids to get some movies at Family Video for something to do. While we were there, I heard one of the employees mention that Jennifer Connelly made an appearance at the Family Video on the south side because she was filming a movie in the area. I said, "Oh, they're filming a movie by my house, I wonder if that's the one...". The guy asked if I lived on the south side, and when I told him "no, the north side", he got his nose all bent out of shape. He was like, "Well, why didn't she come here, if she's filming on the north side?" LOL How am I supposed to know?! *
So anyway, my curiousity was piqued, so I looked for more info online. The movie is What's Wrong With Virginia? starring Jennifer Connolly, Ed Harris and Emma Roberts...
*
In case you don't recognize those names, here are some pictures. Here is Jennifer Connelly... I recognized her most recently from He's Just Not That Into You.

Steve likes Ed Harris, he's been in a bunch of movies. Steve's favorite is The Right Stuff (1983). Some I recognize him from are Radio, A Beautiful Mind, The Truman Show and Stepmom.

And then there is Emma Roberts. The kids were very excited to hear that she is in the movie. They know and love her from Nancy Drew and Hotel for Dogs.

Here is a blurb about the movie from the WZZM13 website:
Holland, Mich. (WZZM) - Monday, the latest movie to begin filming in West Michigan starts production.
"What's Wrong with Virginia" stars Jennifer Connelly and Ed Harris.
Earlier this year, Tic Tock Studios held an open casting call in Holland for the film.
More than a thousand people showed up to try out.
Only 25 people out of the crowd received speaking roles.
Shooting will last five weeks and will happen in about 30 locations from Grand Haven to South Haven.
Many scenes will be filmed at a house in Holland Township, Grand Haven City Hall and a Holland dry cleaning shop.
Connelly plays a single mother involved in a long affair with the local sheriff played by Harris.
*
According to the notice, filming was going to officially start today. Sure enough, when I pulled out of my driveway to go pick up Jacob and Ian from school, there were police officers blocking traffic. When we came back from school, I had to let them know I live there to get back to my house. So this should be interesting for the next couple of weeks. I just had to share the excitement around our neighborhood! I really want to take a couple pictures of all the activity, but that might be frowned upon. LOL We'll see.... I will try to sneak a couple. Yes, I'm a papparazzi in training. hehe
*
So, that's it for now! Have a great day!



1 comment:
take the pictures anyways deb! The worst they'll do is make you delete them! :)
Ed Harris eh? That's awesome! :) lol
Post a Comment