Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nate's 14th birthday...

Yesterday (Wednesday) was Nate's 14th birthday. On Tuesday we went to Village Inn Pizza to celebrate with Grandma Dot. We had a great meal, and Grandma brought a yummy ice cream cake for Nate too.

Nate's actual birthday fell on a Wednesday, which is Pioneer Club and youth group night at church for the kids. I asked Nate if he wanted to skip youth group on his birthday, but he said he thought it would be fun to go on his birthday. So we ended up going for an early dinner at Applebee's before the church stuff.

I took a few pictures in the restaurant, but I didn't want to annoy everyone with the flash, so I turned it off. (Sorry for the dark, grainy pictures.)

Nate was anxious to open up his gifts....

This picture is really dark, but it cracks me up. As Nate was excitedly counting his cash, I joked that all the pictures I was taking of him had Marilyn Monroe's boobs in the background. This was his reaction...

Showing off the t-shirt and hoodie that he got...




Just a little birthday package I made for Nate. It held some candy inside...



After church, we all went home to have some birthday pie. Nate is getting a little old to really appreciate themed birthday cakes, so I asked him if there was anything he would rather have for his birthday. First he said pumpkin pie, then he changed his mind to chocolate pie. He didn't think I would want to make that, but I told him that would be just fine.

I started looking for a good recipe on allrecipes.com... I love that website! I found one that sounded really yummy, and it had lots of good reviews.

Here is Nate with his Double Layer Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie . Mmmmmm!! It was so easy to make, and it tasted absolutely heavenly! I will definitely be making it again sometime...


Here's a close up.... doesn't that look good!?


I know I say this every time one of my kids turns a year older, but I can't believe they are growing up so fast! I do not feel old enough to have a 14 year old... where did the time go!?
Well, I am headed to bed... G'night all!

No comments: