How's it going, everyone? Summer vacation is in full swing here at our house. I'm enjoying the relaxed mornings right now, but after a few more weeks of chaos with six kids running haphazardly through the house, I'm sure that will wear off! lol
I haven't blogged since February... wow! I just haven't been in the blogging mood, I guess, but since I have a little more time right now, I decided I should fix that!
I'm just going to do one post chock full of pictures to show some of the highlights from our last few months...
I went through my picture files and found that I didn't take many photos in March, so I'll start with April. The first one is just a silly moment at home. Here is Roxxie's impersonation of Hannah Montana!

And a close up...

Jacob's class took a field trip to Hope College. He was
brave enough to pet the huge python we saw!


In May we enjoyed our traditional Tulip Time activities.
Abby and Noah marched in the children's parade this year.
Here is Noah before the parade started...

This is Abby and her best friend Maddie. Two of the
cutest little Dutch girls I've ever seen!

Jacob's class took another field trip in May to The Critter Barn.
Here he is holding a sweet baby bunny...

and taking a ride on the bag swing... Wheee!!

Jacob learned how to ride a two-wheeler! What a big accomplishment!
After telling us he was "never" going to ride a two-wheeler only weeks before,
he was finally just ready. He learned very quickly after he decided
he was going to do it!

Abby had her big dance recital with Miss Jodi's Dance. She took a
tap/jazz class this year. Here is her class performing their tap routine...

We gave Abby a bouquet of flowers after the
recital for a job well done...

So that brings us to June. The first bit of excitement was Nate's school
trip to Washington D.C. He went June 1-5, and he had a great time!
Here is a picture of Nate with some of his friends during the trip...

The following week was Nate's 8th grade graduation from Eagle Crest.
He has been at the same school since Kindergarten (with the exception of one
year), so this will be a big change for him. He is off to high school in the fall!
Wow, how is that possible?

Jacob also graduated from Kindergarten at Eagle Crest. Here he is
with his teacher Mrs. Stolz. She was a fantastic teacher, and we
will miss her! Jacob is in for a big change too, since he will be starting
first grade in the fall. Full days of school! He is excited about getting two
recesses everyday, though. :)

And finally, Abby and Steve sang together at our church talent show. Abby has been
in talent shows before, but this was the first time she sang in front of large audience,
and she sang most of the song by herself. I am so proud of her, she did an amazing job!
In fact, they were asked to sing again at the morning service at church on Father's Day.
*
The song they sang was from the Hannah Montana movie...
it's called Butterfly Fly Away. It is a daughter singing to her father,
and I get all teary-eyed every time I hear Abby and Steve sing it.

Of course, Steve is thrilled that one of his children is showing an interest in music.
I know this won't be the last time they sing together!
*
So that's a little glimpse of our lives. Hopefully I will have a little more time for keeping our blog up to date over the summer. We are looking forward to all sorts of fun! Steve is taking a vacation in a couple weeks and we can't wait!
*
I hope you are enjoying your summer too! Adios, amigos!



No comments:
Post a Comment