Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas to All...

click on image to enlarge


Merry Christmas from the Pierce family to all of you! May you be filled with joy and peace this Christmas season...

*

Forgive me for the e-card this year. This image above was going to be the Christmas card I mailed out, but my printer decided to give me fits, so given the late date I decided this would have to be sufficient. I saw a card like this last year in an online gallery, and I thought it was so cute that I would try to recreate it with my kids. If you click on the photo to make it bigger, you can see my handiwork in all it's glory, hee hee!! I *heart* Photoshop!

*

Well, the kids had a snow day today (Friday 12/19), as most everyone in the area did, and it is definitely the first time my kids have been disappointed to stay home for a snow day. All four of them missed their Christmas parties at school, so I understand why they were bummed. They got over it pretty quickly, though. Jacob got a new Wii game with some of his Christmas money, so all the kids took turns playing Animal Crossing: City Folk. It was the first time they all played it since it was just delivered late yesterday.

*

Nate also decided to go around the neighborhood to see if anyone wanted their driveway shoveled. The first person he talked to took him up on his offer. He made 10 bucks and then he was done. :) I was impressed that he took the initiative to go out and do that, though. He sure is growing up.

*

I haven't been feeling well since Monday afternoon. I worked Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings anyway, but I was feeling really worn out and still sick today, so I called in sick to work for tonight (Friday night). I felt really guilty doing it, and then the manager said almost everyone had called in for that night. Great! Well, they all knew I was truly sick, so hopefully they can understand. I usually don't work that many shifts in a week, but I picked up two shifts since somebody walked out (quit) on Sunday. We have one manager who has quite a bad attitude, she is just mean to everyone, and apparently she got on this person's last nerve... LOL!

*

Well, it is two in the morning, and I am babbling. I guess I should try to go to sleep since we have a big day tomorrow. It's our family Christmas party with the Pointer family. I'm not tired, though, since I slept from about 2:00 pm until 7:30pm. I really needed the rest. Steve got home very early from work, or I never would have been able to do that. Thanks, hon!

*

Anyway, I'm off to bed! G'night!

Deb


No comments: