
I wish I had taken more pictures that evening, but I will share a few that I did get. The photo below is my cousin Alex and her friend. They won the distinctive honor of King and Queen. Don't they look cute?

This next one is hilarious! There were all sorts of fun and silly events going on throughout the relay. Each team could earn points for participation. Shortly after we arrived, we found out about a "cross-dressing" event. I don't remember the official title for this, but one guy from each team had to dress up like a woman and go around collecting donations on behalf of the team. Since Steve was the lone male (adult) on our team, he was the lucky participant! He wasn't too sure about the whole thing at first, but he was a good sport. Check him out... he's quite the catch. I love the feather boa, and his hairy legs really made the look complete.

Here is Jake having fun trying on all the props...

Abby got her face painted at one of the tents; here she is showing off the lovely artwork. You can also see the luminaries behind her in the picture. They lined the whole track, and once dusk fell, a candle was lit inside each one. Each of the luminaries was in remembrance of a loved one lost to cancer, or in honor of a cancer survivor. It was so beautiful and touching to see them all lit up.




No comments:
Post a Comment