Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

My Grandpa Gene turned 83 on September 30. We had a birthday party for him at Aunt Peg's church. I was asked to make the cake for him, and Peg suggested a fish cake since Grandpa has always loved fishing. Here are Grandpa and I posing with the cake. Didn't it turn out cute? Hee hee hee....




So what do you get for an 83 year old man who has everything? Well according to Aunt Kate, a couple boxes of enemas are the present of choice. You know it's a cure-all, right? LOL (Nevermind, long story...)



Just for the record, my Grandpa Gene is the greatest! I have so many wonderful memories of growing up with him. I always enjoyed spending time with him. I used to help him make homemade bread on Saturday mornings, and sometimes we also made eggrolls and wontons. Yummy! And there were many Sunday afternoon dinners where my mom, my sister and I were treated to his delicious Savory Beef. Funny how so many of those memories revolve around food...

Now that I am grown, and I have my own family, I don't see Grandpa nearly as often. But I still cherish every visit. Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

No comments: