Thursday, May 7, 2009

Playing with my new toy...

I've been dreaming and saving up money for a long time, and I was finally able to purchase a new camera a couple weeks ago. I got a Canon EOS Rebel XSi... and I'm super excited about it!!
After we bought the camera, Steve and I took the kids to Culver's for dinner. Of course I had to bring the camera in to play around with it. Here's a pic of all the kids, I love how Jacob turned to look at Nate just as I snapped the photo.





The next morning, I was a "mommy helper" at Jacob's preschool, so I figured it would be another prime opportunity for some photos. The kids must have thought I was crazy, following them around with a camera all morning. Here are a few of Jacob...







I've been taking photos like a madwoman lately, so I should have plenty to post for a while. I need to learn all the settings on my camera; I'm still shooting on full auto right now... but I will learn with practice! Next on my wish list is a new lense or two... that will have to wait until Christmas, I think!
***
Well, it's been a long day! It's Tulip Time here in Holland, and my kids were in the parades yesterday and today. I'm exhausted from all the walking, and I've got a big blister on my foot. Ouch! On the plus side... I got lots of photos!! Ha ha :) I will get them up on the blog soon...
***
Bye for now!

No comments: