
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's Nate with his cake. I bought the tank cake topper at the Wal-Mart bakery. Dustin and Rebekah live very close to Camp LeJeune, a marine base, so you see all sorts of military stuff around there. Nate has always been interested in that kind of thing, so I knew the tank would be a good choice for his cake.
When the guys lit the sparkler candles for the cake, it was only natural to put one in the gun on the tank...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nate loved playing around with all of Danny's Nerf guns, so we decided to get him a set for his birthday. He was so excited! The only problem was that it was hard to keep it away from Steve. Whenever the kids get a cool new toy, he always grabs it "to make sure it works right". Nate and Steve had a great time battling it out in the backyard the next day, though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a great birthday celebration. I'm still not used to being the mom of a teenager, though!
Vacation pics to follow soon.....




No comments:
Post a Comment