Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Playing in the leaves

It's funny how we take the little things for granted. We used to have tons of leaves in our yard every fall at our old house, but since we moved to our current house 6 years ago, we have next to none. Our house is surrounded by pine trees, so all we have laying around are pine needles and pine cones. Don't get me wrong... Steve and I count it as a blessing that we don't have to rake tons of leaves anymore. But I never thought that the kids might actually miss it. Can you believe, poor little Jacob has never jumped in a pile of leaves?! :)
*
Until now, that is! When we went to Tammy's house to see the goats on Saturday, the kids were excited to see all the leaves in her yard too. I guess Brian usually uses the mower to vacuum the leaves up, but when we were there, I asked for a rake and let the kids play to their heart's delight...


Now that's a great day! We had lots of fun spending time together, and it didn't cost a dime! The kids also got to feed the fish in the pond, and they played Capture the Flag with Nicole. That pretty much sums up our Saturday. I have more pictures, but for some reason I can't put more than one per post right now. I'll post more later!

No comments: