Sunday, August 19, 2007

Birthday Bash!!

Last Sunday we had a party to celebrate my cousin Kelsey's birthday and Jacob's half birthday. Most of you already know this, but for those of you who don't, we have chosen to celebrate Jacob's half birthday with a big party since his actual birthday is 3 days before Christmas. It is so difficult to get everyone together for a party near the holidays, plus the excitement of Jake's birthday tends to get overshadowed by all the hype and busyness of Christmas. Several people I know who have December birthdays think this is a great idea, but if Jacob doesn't like it as he gets older, we will change it.

Oh, and in case you're wondering if I really can't count.... yes, I do realize August 12 isn't actually Jacob's half birthday (that would be June 22). On that side of the family we have lots of birthdays that fall close together, so we combine the parties. This year, we decided to combine the party for Kelsey and Jacob, too.

A picture of the cute birthday kids..... Kelsey turned
11 this year, and Jacob is 3 1/2....

I love to find cute cakes to make for my kids. This year I wanted something cute and simple.... this fit the bill. I found it on the Better Homes and Gardens website.

Here is Jake with his cake...


Kate and the girls got this cute monkey backpack for Jacob... it is so adorable! After he opened it, he wore it around for the rest of the party. He is so excited to use it when he starts preschool in a couple weeks.


Grandma Pierce attached 3 dollar bills, 3 quarters, 3 nickels, 3 dimes and 3 pennies to this paper with a big number 3 on it. Isn't that cute? Jacob was so happy to get his own money...


And here is the birthday boy with all his goodies.... he sure had a great day!
****
Jacob also got a boogie board from Peg and Mike and their kids, a Sesame street video game from Aunt Tammy, Brian and Nicole (along with some other little goodies), some birthday money from Grandpa Gene and Grandma Coke, two stuffed animals from big brother Nate, and a Play-Doh kit from Mom and Dad, Nate, Noah and Abby. What a lucky kid!




1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm going to come take the birthday money, okay... *wink wink*