Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthdays galore!

Last weekend, on October 4, we had a group birthday party for Abby, Noah, Nicole and Grandpa Gene. Abby and Noah turned 9, Nicole turned the big 1-0, and Grandpa Gene celebrated 85 years! We had the party at our church... it sure beats cleaning the house!
*
I decorated two cakes once again. Once you start something, it's kind of expected in the future... you know? :) I usually enjoy decorating the cakes, so I don't really mind. Now I just have to learn how to start preparing far enough ahead that I don't get too stressed out by last minute party details. Maybe I'll get that figured out before Jacob turns 18... lol!
*
I really like how the cakes turned out this time around, they are definitely two of my favorites. Here is Abby with her Hannah Montana cake...

Noah chose a dragon cake that was easy to make, yet very cute! I love the ideas I find on the Family Fun website!


Nicole requested a cheesecake for her birthday, and Tammy fulfilled her wish. Look how beautiful it turned out! I joked that Tammy must have turned into Martha Stewart, because she brought that awesome cheesecake and a really delicious trifle to the party.


For Grandpa's birthday, we all went in together on a gift. We got him a really nice digital photo frame. I think it will be very nice for him, and I think he liked it!






Getting ready to open presents. You know your kids are getting older when the envelopes outnumber the packages. And when mom and dad start asking them if we can borrow money. LOL





Blowing out candles x 3...



So, another year older, another year wiser... boy, how time flies!

No comments: