Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feeling refreshed...

Just over a week ago, Steve and I had a nice little break from the routine. We had an overnight getaway to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. We actually won the "romantic getaway package", which was the grand prize at Steve's company picnic this summer. Woo Hoo!

The funny thing is... we had a choice of 3 prizes: a really nice MP3 player, a 20 inch flat screen TV, or the hotel package. Can you believe I wanted the TV at first? I figured it would be something we all could enjoy, and I thought a flat screen TV sounded really cool! But when we went and looked at the store, I realized it was very small. I don't know how they measure those things, but it was not at all what I expected. So then we chose the hotel package, and the kids still haven't forgiven us for it! LOL... too bad, guys!

I am really glad we did, because Steve and I had a fantastic time! It was a much needed getaway to focus on us. We had dinner at TGI Friday's and we went to a comedy show at Dr. Grins (in the BOB). As part of our package, we got wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room. (I should have taken a picture of those.) And oh my goodness, that bed and the pillows were SOOOOO comfortable. I wanted to take them home with me! We were on the 16th floor, check out the beautiful view from our room:



Isn't it pretty? Oh man, I want to go back there!

We don't get away much, but I think we will have to try to do it more often. I was talking to another lady that is on the preschool board with me the morning that we were leaving. I told her that's why our family would not be at the preschool family picnic that night. I felt kind of bad that we were missing it, but I said to her, "Do you know how hard it is to find someone to watch four kids AND a puppy who is NOT housebroken?!!" She just laughed. That probably explains why we don't get away much!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm jealous!! Glad to hear that you and Steve had fun!!