Phew, it's been a busy couple weeks!! I told you I recently joined a creative team for Ferg Designs, and it has been great! Well, since then I was also asked to join the Star Studded Creative Team for designer Danielle Corbitt AND the Cherry Lane Preschool board as secretary for the next school year. So, if I wasn't busy enough already, my plate is definitely full now!
As I mentioned in a recent post, it is Tulip Time here in Holland this week - so our little town is bustling. Jacob had a preschool field trip to Teusink's Farm on Tuesday also, so make sure you scroll down to see the post below this for pictures at the farm!

On Wednesday, Jacob and I rode on the Cherry Lane Preschool float in the Volksparade. It rained pretty hard all morning, but it cleared up just in time for the parade to go on. We still got a little wet, but Jacob could have cared less! He couldn't wait to be on the float!

On Thursday, Abby and Noah marched with their classes in the Kinderparade. It turned out to be a great day for them... no rain! I didn't get any pictures of them marching, because I couldn't find them, LOL! All the kids were so bunched together, that somehow I missed them. Oh well! After the parade, we walked to Centennial Park to take some photos by the tulips. I figured this might be the only year that all 4 of my kids would be in costume, so I wanted to get some pictures while I had the chance. In fact, I was shocked that Nate was willing to wear a costume downtown, but he didn't seem to have a problem with it at all!

I took quite a few shots, but as you may know, it is pretty difficult to get a decent shot of four kids. I was thrilled to get one of them all smiling and looking at the camera. This is the best picture, and I really love it! After I saw that I got a pretty good one I said, "It's a Tulip Time miracle!" (I know I'm a dork!)
On a side note, we skipped the wooden shoes this year. The teachers prefer that the kids don't wear them when marching in the parade, plus it's just a lot of money for four pairs! So the kids don't look completely authentic, but they're cute nonetheless. I think Jacob's blue and red Crocs with flames on them look quite Dutch, don't you?

Here is another shot of all four kids together. Immediately after I took that picture, they all shot off in different directions.
Isn't this pic of Abby beautiful? We saw those gorgeous lavendar tulips and commented about how pretty they were. She sat down for a picture and I got this lovely shot.
Now this next picture took a little bit of bribery from Mom. They look just like the little Dutch boy and girl statues leaning over for a kiss. Abby and Noah didn't like the idea much, but I thought it would be adorable. I'm surprised they obliged me! (If you look closely at the pic, you can see that Abby is giggling)
As I mentioned in a recent post, it is Tulip Time here in Holland this week - so our little town is bustling. Jacob had a preschool field trip to Teusink's Farm on Tuesday also, so make sure you scroll down to see the post below this for pictures at the farm!

On Wednesday, Jacob and I rode on the Cherry Lane Preschool float in the Volksparade. It rained pretty hard all morning, but it cleared up just in time for the parade to go on. We still got a little wet, but Jacob could have cared less! He couldn't wait to be on the float!

On Thursday, Abby and Noah marched with their classes in the Kinderparade. It turned out to be a great day for them... no rain! I didn't get any pictures of them marching, because I couldn't find them, LOL! All the kids were so bunched together, that somehow I missed them. Oh well! After the parade, we walked to Centennial Park to take some photos by the tulips. I figured this might be the only year that all 4 of my kids would be in costume, so I wanted to get some pictures while I had the chance. In fact, I was shocked that Nate was willing to wear a costume downtown, but he didn't seem to have a problem with it at all!

I took quite a few shots, but as you may know, it is pretty difficult to get a decent shot of four kids. I was thrilled to get one of them all smiling and looking at the camera. This is the best picture, and I really love it! After I saw that I got a pretty good one I said, "It's a Tulip Time miracle!" (I know I'm a dork!)
On a side note, we skipped the wooden shoes this year. The teachers prefer that the kids don't wear them when marching in the parade, plus it's just a lot of money for four pairs! So the kids don't look completely authentic, but they're cute nonetheless. I think Jacob's blue and red Crocs with flames on them look quite Dutch, don't you?

Here is another shot of all four kids together. Immediately after I took that picture, they all shot off in different directions.
Isn't this pic of Abby beautiful? We saw those gorgeous lavendar tulips and commented about how pretty they were. She sat down for a picture and I got this lovely shot.Now this next picture took a little bit of bribery from Mom. They look just like the little Dutch boy and girl statues leaning over for a kiss. Abby and Noah didn't like the idea much, but I thought it would be adorable. I'm surprised they obliged me! (If you look closely at the pic, you can see that Abby is giggling)





2 comments:
Either the one of Abby by herself or the one w/ Noah and Abby pretending to kiss should go into the calendar for next year for Grandpa. :) See you Friday?!
Those are the cutest pictures ever! I can't believe how big they all are. We all wish we could see them more often.
Take care and tell everyone hello from Carlene.
Post a Comment